Welcome to the Montana Department of Commerce
I expect great things from the Montana Department of Commerce because I've experienced only the best.
During my 23 years in the private sector in Big Sky, MT, I've collaborated with Commerce on countless tourism and economic development projects.
My personal and professional roots run deep in Montana. My commitment to the state is strong. I understand the critical need for economic growth and stability. My personal ties to the state push me to work hard for the people who have chosen to build their lives here.
I see the Montana Department of Commerce as a successful revenue generator, driving our economy, creating cash for the state and jobs for our citizens. Economic development is what we do and who we are.
Commerce is the state agency with the responsibility for job creation, job retention and job expansion. I'm proud Governor Steve Bullock asked me to be part of the team.
Commerce acts as an information broker for businesses and communities in the economic and community development areas.
- Maintain and improve basic community infrastructure.
- Provide financing for homeownership and rental assistance opportunities for Montana families.
- Provide direct technical assistance and training for Montana's entrepreneurs, businesses, and their employees in partnership with communities, counties, and local and regional development groups.
- Promote Montana as a place to visit, to locate business, and to film motion pictures, commercials, documentaries, and features.
- Finance Montana businesses that generate a positive financial and economic return for the state and its citizens.
We have a wealth of resources and knowledgeable staff. We can be partners in your endeavors. We are here to help Montana succeed.
Department of Commerce, Director
Bucking Horse Sale