GREAT FALLS, Mont. -- Montana Department of Commerce Director Pam Haxby-Cote Wednesday presented awards to the state’s affordable housing champions at the Annual Montana Housing Partnership Conference in Great Falls.
These awards are given to individuals and organizations that have shown extraordinary success while working on community revitalization, and funding for development of affordable housing for all Montanans whose needs are not met by the market.
Haxby-Cote presented a Lifetime Achievement award to Great Falls Housing Authority Executive Director Kevin Hager for his dedication to developing quality public housing and his commitment to serving the housing needs of low-income families.
The City of Great Falls was presented with this year’s Housing Champion award for its collaborative work with NeighborWorks Great Falls, and a commitment to finding innovative ways to meet the housing needs of residents.
“It’s an honor to recognize Kevin Hager who has made it his life’s work to make sure more folks in Great Falls have the ability to create a home,” Director Haxby-Cote said. “Each person and organization honored today plays a big role in helping Montanans find safe, affordable and accessible housing.
The Montana Department of Commerce also honored several statewide partners for their outstanding service throughout the year.
- 2017 Montana Board of Housing (MBOH) Top Participating Lender: Statewide, Opportunity Bank
- 2017 MBOH Top Participating Lender: Special Programs, First Interstate Bank
- 2017 MBOH Top Participating Lender: Great Falls, Stockman Bank
- 2017 MBOH Top Producing Loan Officer: Christine Farrington, Mann Mortgage
- 2017 Section 8 Field Agent of the Year: Housing Authority of Billings