Quality Schools Planning Grants
The Pass Creek School in Gallatin County
On December 10, 2013 Governor Steve Bullock announced $738,044 in planning grant awards to 36 public school districts across Montana through the Montana Department of Commerce's Quality Schools Planning Grants Program.
Quality Schools planning grant funds are awarded on a competitive basis. Planning grant funds may be awarded in dollar amounts up to $25,000 and require a 1:4 match; for every $4 in grant funds awarded, the grantee must provide $1.
The Department will review all complete planning grant applications submitted on or before September 6th, 2013 deadline, and evaluate the extent to which each proposed planning project relates to the criteria set forth in the Quality Schools Facility Grant Program statute [§90-6-811, MCA, as modified by HB 15 (Chapter 325, Laws 2013)], giving preference to planning for projects involving repairs to existing facilities over projects involving construction of new facilities.
If you have questions regarding this grant opportunity, please contact Planning Bureau staff at (406) 841-2770 or via email at DOCqualityschools@mt.gov.
- 2015 Biennium Guidelines & Administration Manual for Quality Schools Planning Grants
- 2015 Biennium Planning Grant Application
- Draw Request Form (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Progress Report (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Completion Report (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Grant Contract Documents
- Preliminary Architectural Report (PAR) Guide
- Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) Guide
Past Grant Awards