Quality Schools Planning Grants
The Pass Creek School in Gallatin County
The Quality Schools Program has remaining planning grant funds for schools needing to complete planning activities during the 2015 biennium. The Department will begin accepting applications for additional planning grant funds on April 11th, 2014 and will award grants until the remaining funds have been expended.
- Guidelines and Administration Manual for Quality Schools Planning Grants - 2015 Biennium (Amended February 2014) - PDF
- Quality Schools Planning Grant Application - 2015 Biennium (Amended February 2014 ) - DOC
Quality Schools planning grant funds are awarded on a competitive basis.
Planning grant funds may be awarded in dollar amounts up to $25,000 and require a 1:4 match; for every $4 in grant funds awarded, the grantee must provide $1.
The Department will review all complete planning grant applications beginning April 11th, 2014, and evaluate the extent to which each proposed planning project relates to the criteria set forth in the Quality Schools Facility Grant Program statute [§90-6-811, MCA, as modified by HB 15 (Chapter 325, Laws 2013)], giving preference to planning for projects involving repairs to existing facilities over projects involving construction of new facilities. If you have questions regarding this grant opportunity, please contact Planning Bureau staff at (406) 841-2770 or via email at DOCqualityschools@mt.gov.
Planning Grant Awards
- Draw Request Form (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Progress Report (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Completion Report (PDF) (Word Doc)
- Planning Grant Contract Documents
- Preliminary Architectural Report (PAR) Guide
- Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) Guide
Past Grant Awards
- 2015 Biennium Quality Schools Planning Grant Awards
- 2013 Biennium Quality Schools Planning Grant Awards