The mission of the Montana Department of Commerce is to foster community-lead diversification and sustainability of a growing economy; maintain and improve our infrastructure, housing and facilities; and promote Montana's positive national and international image.
The Montana Department of Commerce will enhance and sustain a healthy economy so Montana businesses, communities, and people can prosper.
Goals and Objectives
- Work to improve the state's economy through business creation, expansion, retention, and diversification of the state's economic base.
- Provide direct technical assistance and training for Montana's entrepreneurs, businesses, and their employees in partnership with communities, counties, and local and regional development groups.
- Enhance the growth of the Montana economy through the promotion of tourism development, promoting and protecting historic sites, and marketing Montana as a travel and filmmaking destination.
- Promote access to new markets, both foreign and domestic, for Montana goods and services.
- Provide financing for homeownership and rental assistance opportunities for Montana families.
- Develop and improve public infrastructure and housing opportunities for the state's citizens by providing grants and technical assistance to Montana communities and counties.
- Prudently manage the investments of state and local government funds.
- Provide fair and equal treatment of our fellow employees and our customers.
Department of Commerce 2021 Biennium Goals & Objectives