Every day, staff at the Department of Commerce are aiming to make sure Montana is the best place to work, live, and play. We work alongside private industry and local organizations to create jobs, grow businesses, develop affordable housing, and improve community infrastructure.
Montana’s economy is strong and continues grow. Montana continues to rank number one in the U.S. for startup activity, and third in Main Street entrepreneurship.
We are here to partner with you and look for opportunities to strengthen Montana. At the Department of Commerce, we:
- Promote Montana as a free-spirited place for adventure.
- Promote Montana as a place to start and grow a business.
- Promote Montana has the ultimate location to film motion pictures, commercials, documentaries, and features.
- Offer financial assistance to Montana businesses that generate a positive economic return for the state and its citizens
- Maintain and improve community infrastructure.
- Support and develop Montana’s Main Streets.
- Expand affordable and accessible housing for all Montanans.
- Provide financing and education for homeownership and rental assistance opportunities.
- Provide direct technical assistance and training for Montana's entrepreneurs, businesses, and their employees in partnership with communities, counties, and local and regional development groups.
Simply put, the Department of Commerce is here to find and remove barriers to your success. Together, we will continue to invest in Montana’s future and ensure this truly is the best place to work, live and play.