HELENA, Mont. – The Department of Commerce today announced $320,000 in grant funds will be awarded through the Indian Equity Fund Small Business Grant to support the growth of 28 Native American-owned businesses across Montana.
“The entrepreneurial spirit is strong in Indian Country,” said Jenny Pelej, division administrator for the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development at Commerce. “As Native American small business owners look toward growth, Commerce is here to help them take the next step.”
Full List of Grant Recipients:
- Big Chief Chinese Restaurant in Browning will receive $12,000 for equipment.
- Lube and Tube Express in Browning will receive $11,000 for signage, painting and plumbing.
- Pain Relief with PEMF by Brittany in Cut Bank will receive $12,000 for a pulsed electromagnetic field machine.
- $AVAGE RECORDS in Browning will receive $5,000 for production equipment and inventory.
Chippewa Cree Tribe
- AAM LLC dba Boxcars in Havre will receive $5,000 for flooring.
- Box City Ice Cream in Box Elder will receive $6,000 for equipment and inventory.
- LaSalle Cattle Company in Havre will receive $10,000 for a loader.
- Log Creeations in Box Elder will receive $14,000 for a skidder.
- My Paisley Pals in Havre will receive $14,000 for a sublimation machine.
- Rockin Ridge Construction in Box Elder will receive $12,000 for a trailer and accessories.
Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes
- Caudill Industries Inc. in Missoula will receive $14,000 for equipment.
- Kapi Shop LLC in St. Ignatius will receive $14,000 for equipment.
- Baaapaale Pashko in Lodge Grass will receive $14,000 for a truck with a boom and equipment.
- Designs by Della in Hardin will receive $14,000 for a sewing machine, supplies and marketing.
- Medicine Wheel Country Tours in Bozeman will receive $14,000 for camping equipment and insurance.
- River Bend Lodge in Hardin will receive $12,000 for improvements.
Fort Belknap Assiniboine and Gros Ventre Tribes
- Buckman Automotive Auto Body Paint in Polson will receive $8,000 for an automotive paint booth.
- J & M Trucking, LLC in Hays will receive $14,000 for tires.
- North Prairie LLC in Harlem will receive $4,000 for a computer and equipment.
- Sage n Spur in Harlem will receive $14,000 for commercial space remodeling.
Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux
- Rubicon Cookshack in Culbertson will receive $14,000 for a smoker trailer.
- Smoker Home Repair and Remodeling in Poplar will receive $14,000 for an enclosed trailer and dump trailer.
- The Pizza Joint in Wolf Point will receive $12,000 for a delivery vehicle and professional services.
Little Shell Chippewa Tribe
- AJ's Wood & Steel LLC in Havre will receive $14,000 for a welder, equipment, supplies and insurance.
- Dragon Well Acupuncture in Floweree will receive $14,000 for a fusion chair, remodeling and advertising.
- Jordan Baldwin’s Flooring Installation in Butte will receive $12,000 for equipment and inventory.
Northern Cheyenne Tribe
- Glenn's Wood Vending in Lame Deer will receive $14,000 for tools.
- Niz's Cakes & Cupcakes in Lame Deer will receive $3,000 for baking equipment.
The Indian Equity Fund Small Business Grant started in 2007. Funds are awarded through a competitive application process administered by Commerce with input from the State Tribal Economic Development Commission. Awards require a 1:1 cash or in-kind match.
Learn more at the Office of Indian Country Economic Development website.